Thursday, August 13, 2009

Is 'Pride' worth the ride?




Summary: I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.
I'm two for three. A goner.
Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I think I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council.
If I survive my own trial...

The Review:
I read Pride, by Rachel Vincent and found it to be extremely entertaining. The evolvement in the characters from the original book Stray has made me become more fond of them. I feel as if the pride of werecats, known to us humans as the Sandars family, has become in some ways family. You care if Marc and Faythe end up together and if they make it through the prides life challenges. Some scenes I just wanted to grab Faythe shoulders and say “OMG what were you thinking!” Trust me, this series just makes you want to jump in and resolve some conflict because after three books (Stray, Rogue, and now Pride) the werecats must be running out of their nine lives. My favorite character in the series is Faythe’s brother Ethan. He is every girl’s dream brother (burberry_girl actually wrote lover here ), a fighter, and her one constant. I wish he could be in my family. Overall all the story continuously flowed. I can’t wait to get my claws into Prey and find out what mischief Faythes going to get into next...

The Questions:

YA or Adult: Adult
Tearjerker: Yes by the ending it plucked at my heart strings.
Action: Tons loved the meat tenderizer mallet scene.
Gruesome: You have to enjoy blood and bone crushing.
Love: Frustrated love.
Drama: Tons of drama.

How many paws out of five?


Review by:

No comments:

Post a Comment